HELPFUL TIP: If you click on any of the images, you can see them in FULL size!

Thursday, 4 March 2010

More Morocco Pictures

I didn't get to upload as many of the pictures I would have liked in the past few posts, so here you go!  I think these are some that best characterize what I saw and experienced.

A "Tangine" of cous-cous, chicken, and veggies... amazing.

Wine...produces in Meknes, Maroc -- we drove by this on our way to Volubilis!

One of the main doorways into the medina in Fes

Wall sign in the medina in Fes

Some shoes for sale in the medina in Fes

A quick break for a donkey; inside of the medina in Fes


Tanneries and dye pits for leather, hidden deep in the central part of the Fes medina.  It smelled a lot like poop here, not because of the leather, but because Pigeon poop is used to make the leather soft!

A close-up look at leather being dyed

Post-production of the leather tanneries!

A moroccan tile production place, making of a mosaic table-top

Stacks of dishes made & painted by hand at the tile store

A few of Fes from a hilltop

Tea and cookies at the Riad Le Ksar de Fes

The Golden Elf!

Jess, me, and Heather in the medina in Fes

No comments:

Post a Comment